Sunday, September 30, 2012

Infant Pancakes?






Speaking of pancakes, my husband shot these photos of the 4-year-old enjoying his--especially the powdered sugar on top.
I took my baby in for his 2-months-old appointment a few days ago.  His 2- and 4-year-old brothers accompanied us.  Both big brothers were thrilled about a trip to the doctor's office and wanted in on the action.  When the pediatrician came into the room, they practically accosted him, each showing off their owies and boo-boos for his inspection.

"Wow, they're talkative today," the doctor observed. "Lots of energy!"

"Yes," I agreed.

"Or are they always like this?"

"Yes," I agreed again.

As he started the baby's exam, the doctor asked the big brothers, who had both climbed up onto the exam table as well, what the baby eats.

"Milk," said the 4-year-old.

"Pancakes," said the 2-year-old.

The pediatrician was amused by my 2-year-old's answer.  The 4-year-old was not.  He tried to rectify this misinformation: "The baby does not eat pancakes," he refuted.  "He just eats milk.  It is special baby milk that comes out of Mommy's tummy."

No comments:

Post a Comment