Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Mommy Track

A few days ago, every single one of my office coworkers was promoted. Except me.

It's okay. I don't have that many coworkers in my office (3) and I was not expecting a promotion. I have been working part-time since my 6 year-old daughter was born. In some ways, it is the best of both worlds. I have lots of time to devote to my kids, but I earn some money and continue to build my job skills.  On the downside, no matter how fabulous your job skills are, your job mobility is severely crippled if you aren't willing to work full-time. Sometimes it is hard to watch as people with less experience or education pass me up on the career ladder.

And of course, I'll never be a domestic goddess at the rate I'm going, either. But who are we kidding? It would take more than full-time housekeeping to make me over into one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment