Tuesday, May 3, 2011

About a Rather Stupid Facebook Chain-Post

Okay, I just have to respond to the silly (and admit it, childish) status update my Republican friends have been copying and reposting on Facebook urging everyone to credit the military, and not President Obama, for the successful mission on Sunday.  Of course the military deserves credit, including its commander-in-chief Pres. Obama, who made the executive decision authorizing the mission.

I'm a Democrat, but I have no problem also crediting former Pres. Bush for groundwork that led to this successful conclusion.  If any of you are listening to the news, you will note that Bush himself congratulated Obama.

I understand that you are naturally jealous that a Democrat was in power at the time of this victory, but please try not to be so petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment