Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Dispassionate Discourse

I usually write blogs about issues I am passionate about. Today, I thought I would deviate from that pattern and write about topics I couldn't care less about.

Sports
Who won the game?  I don't know.  I didn't know there was a game. 

Cars
What kind of car do you drive?  It doesn't matter, really.  Even if you tell me the make and model, I am going to have a hard time picking it out in a parking lot.  And I have no idea whether your car is cool or not.  But I do congratulate you if it is environmentally friendly.  My car runs on CNG.  I can talk about the virtues of CNG for almost five minutes before I get bored.  But that is about the extent of my interest in cars.

Celebrity Gossip
Did I hear about that celebrity that divorced that other celebrity?  No.  Nor was I aware of their marriage last week.  Or the births of their twins the week before that.  In fact, I probably can't even remember their names, even if I like their movies or songs or whatever.  That is why I am such a failure at Trivial Pursuit.

Video Games
(Yawn.)

Well, this blog post has not been the most intellectually stimulating or emotionally appealing bit of prose I have ever read.  On the bright side, it sure is benign and uncontroversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment