Thursday, September 10, 2009

Furnishing Grandma and Grandpa

A good portion of my home furnishings came from my parents. Various items have been gifts over the years and others have been hand-me-downs. Recently, my parents sold their house and all of their furniture with it. They are excited to use the return to get all new furniture for their next residence, but my four year-old daughter has been concerned.

"Mommy," she told me. "We should give Grandma and Grandpa back the furniture they gave us, because now they don't have any furniture at all."

I told her that was a very nice idea, but that I thought Grandma and Grandpa would want us to keep the furniture.

"Mommy," she responded. "We should give them back the furniture because that would be the nice thing to do."

I promised her I would talk to Grandma and Grandpa and see if they wanted the furniture back, and if they did, we would return it. (They didn't want it, but appreciated the thoughtfulness of their granddaughter.)

1 comment:

  1. That's very thoughtful of her. Where are your parents planning on moving too now?

    ReplyDelete