Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Siri: my surprisingly aloof new friend

I got a completely unexpected early holiday present today; an iphone 5 was waiting for me at work.   I was caught unprepared.  Since I had no reason to believe such a luxury item would be part of my future, I didn't pay close attention to the commercials and I keep asking Siri to do things she doesn't do.  I don't think she likes me very much.  I can tell she is rolling her eyes at me when she politely but firmly informs me that whatever I am asking her for is out of the question, but she did deign to write some emails I dictated to her. Hopefully, I will learn more about her real functions later.  Unfortunately, a USB cable was not waiting with the new phone, so Siri will be resting over Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment